Brione Verzasca - Switzerland - Backpacking - Hiking - Piée - Perfect



I just do not even know where to begin.  I love Brione Verzasca!!!  I hope some day to make it back.  But if that never happens, I am grateful I was able to be there at all.  It was raining a lot when we were there, but it only added to the beauty of the village.

Brione Verzasca is up in the mountains, situated along a river.  We arrived with our backpack on the local public bus.  At the bus stop there was a restaurant and a couple of structures, one of which was the apartment we rented through booking.com.  The owner wasn't expecting us as early, he was still straightening up the garden with goats.  At least I think they were goats.  He, with great pride of ownership and craftsmanship, show us to our apt.  It looked brand new.  He had done most of the work on the place.  Impressive.


Our apt was on the third floor.
Here is a photo of the restaurant we ate all our meals at.


The restaurant is the yellow building and the laundry room we had access to was in the red building.
Everything was perfect.
Everyone was so happy to see us and talk to us and help us.  Gracious people.

Now, a little more on our apt.  Here is a photo of the gardens.


See the two chaise lounge chairs.  Well here is the view from those chairs.  So more tomorrow on the wonderful hikes we went on.  The photo below is the first glimpse of the river we had.



Can you see why we loved the village so much.  It was one of the best experiences I've had.  I hope I have mentioned that I love benches too, because here was another beautiful bench.
More soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venice Venice Venice - Love Venice - Budget - Wow

Bellagio - Lake Como - Italy - Backpacking - Public Buses - Charming

Brione Verzasca - Switzerland - Backpacking - Hiking - Piée - Part 2